Starting the Eclipse Development Process 2014 Document

I’ve created a working document for the Eclipse Development Process (EDP) 2014 document. I’ve made a few changes, starting with bug 415715 (which is not complete yet).

Bug 415715 is concerned with correcting capitalization in the document. The original EDP was written using what I understand as a legal style that capitalizes the first letter of certain important keywords, like “Project”. I tried to continue this style with the two revisions that I’ve done since inheriting responsibility for the document, but with this iteration I’m adopting a more natural (and grammatically correct) English capitalization style. I think that it will make the document easier to read.

The work-in-progress document is live now. The page includes a link to a “diff” document that highlights the differences between the work-in-progress document and the current (2011) revision.

I’m driving all the work in this set of changes from some bugs open against Community/Architecture Council. Please feel free to add your own comments, or create new bugs (prefix them with [EDP] so that I can find them).

About these ads
This entry was posted in Community, EDP. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s