Jesper was curious about Subclipse use captured by the Usage Data Collector, so I tweaked my queries to stop obfuscating the Subclipse bundles. The results for Subclipse and Subversive use by 465 users over the past 14 days are shown here.
First, the commands:
- org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.ui.commit (invoked 805 times)
- org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.ui.update (invoked 556 times)
It doesn’t appear that the Subversive plug-ins make use of the command framework (or I’m looking for the wrong name).
- org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.ui.svnPerspective (activated 160 times)
- org.eclipse.team.svn.ui.repository.RepositoryPerspective (activated 128 times)
- org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.ui.repository.RepositoriesView (opened 119 times by 32 users)
- org.eclipse.team.svn.ui.repository.RepositoriesView (opened 178 by 22 users)
- org.eclipse.team.svn.ui.repository.browser.RepositoryBrowser (opened 20 times by 9 users)
- org.eclipse.team.svn.ui.properties.PropertiesView (opened 20 times by 12 users)
For comparison, the CVS Repositories view was opened 189 times by 57 users.
It looks pretty close to me; at this point, I don’t think we have enough data to make any real conclusions…