The code for the Eclipse Business Expense Reporting Tool (you may have noticed that I’ve changed what the ‘T’ stands for) has been checked into CVS per the approval of CQ 2310 and subject to the constraints of the parallel IP process.
I don’t consider this a complete example yet. The initial code contribution is only a starting point, and—while I think we’ve made a good start on implementing the values of the Examples project—there’s still a lot of work to do. To start with, there is an embarrassing lack of unit tests. I have added quite a lot of (hopefully valuable) comments, but more are needed. Additional documentation of the architecture is required, along with discussion of some design points, and links to other sources of useful related information. I also have some ideas for simplifying the bits that permit platform-specific (RCP, RAP, and eRCP) customization of the views.
I spent some time yesterday cobbling together a website for the example. The website has instructions (along with handy Team Project Sets) for obtaining the code and rudimentary instructions for setting up your environment to make sense of it all. I have started the process of creating the Bugzilla component for EBERT (Webmaster Matt assures me that the new inbox for the component will be online tomorrow). In the meantime, if you just can’t wait, feel free to create bugs against the “General” component and I’ll move them after the “Expenses” component has been created.
I’ve also requested that the old eclipse.technology.eep newsgroup be retired and replaced by a shiny new eclipse.technology.examples. The mailing list will remain firstname.lastname@example.org (like most other Eclipse projects, the mailing list is intended for discussion amongst project committers).
Good times lie ahead.