The intent of this project is to extend the Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP) to embedded devices. eRCP is largely a set of components which are subsets of RCP components. It basically enables the same application model used on desktop machines to be used on devices.
New features in this release include:
- Currency with Eclipse 3.5
- OSGi and Core runtime components from Galileo
- Schema change to allow Close button to be turned on/off
- ScrolledComposite – allows automatic scrolling
- Link widget
- Additional JUnit test cases
- Bug fixes
- SDK (distributable via P2 or Pulsar)
The review is scheduled for June 24th at 1500h UTC. The call will only occur if explicitly requested by an interested party. If you’re interested in this project, please take the time to read the review documentation. If you have questions about the review, please send them to the ercp-dev mailing list. General questions and discussion about eRCP occurs in the eRCP newsgroup.